Thousands around the world are marching through city streets in observance of May Day, the international workers’ holiday, shouting demands for greater equality and an end to government-imposed austerity measures.
More Photography from Time
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns
- Afghanistan’s Record Opium Year
- Shi’ite Muslims Around the World Mark Ashura
- Typhoon Haiyan Cuts a Path of Destruction Across The Philippines
- Sell, Give Away and Destroy: the Dismantling of America’s Presence in Afghanistan