Fervid but mixed emotions spread across Egypt on Saturday, June 2, 2012, after the news broke that ousted President Hosni Mubarak was sentenced to life in prison for failing to prevent the killings of 850 protesters during last year’s uprising.
More Photography from Time
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
- Deadly Earthquake Strikes China’s Sichuan Province