The official preliminary vote count in Mexico’s presidential race handed a victory to Enrique Pena Nieto of the Revolutionary Institutional Party (PRI). The PRI ruled Mexico for 71 years before being ousted in 2000.
More Photography from Time
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns
- Afghanistan’s Record Opium Year
- Shi’ite Muslims Around the World Mark Ashura
- Typhoon Haiyan Cuts a Path of Destruction Across The Philippines
- Sell, Give Away and Destroy: the Dismantling of America’s Presence in Afghanistan