The iconic running of the bulls takes place this week in Pamplona, Spain as people from across the globe flood the city’s streets to celebrate the legendary festival of San Fermín.
More Photography from Time
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
- Deadly Earthquake Strikes China’s Sichuan Province
Reporters need to show discretion when following stories that portray the perfect example of animal cruelty and human stupidity. If the media does not pay attention - no one else will either and maybe this will eventually go away. I am greatly saddened by how backward and barbaric the human race can be.
Ladylou007, you are absolutely right. This torturing and killing the bulls is absolutely barbaric. THE EU should force the Spaniards to stop and end this brutal horrible spectacle once and for all, and if they refuse, kick them completely out of the EU. At least their neighbours, the Portuguese, do not kill the bulls, instead heal their wounds by taking them to the veterinary so they can recover and fight again.This is also brutal and unacceptable, but at least it is a little more humane.
Bullfighting is an Iberian peninsula aberration, depredation and abomination.