Heavy rain has battered 17 Chinese provinces since July 20, leaving 95 dead and another 45 missing, according to the Ministry of Civil Affairs. Beijing received it’s worst rainfall in more than 60 years and the Yangtze River reached its highest flood peak since 1981.
More Photography from Time
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
- Deadly Earthquake Strikes China’s Sichuan Province