Heavy rain has battered 17 Chinese provinces since July 20, leaving 95 dead and another 45 missing, according to the Ministry of Civil Affairs. Beijing received it’s worst rainfall in more than 60 years and the Yangtze River reached its highest flood peak since 1981.
More Photography from Time
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns
- Afghanistan’s Record Opium Year
- Shi’ite Muslims Around the World Mark Ashura
- Typhoon Haiyan Cuts a Path of Destruction Across The Philippines