Millions of beer drinkers descend on the Bavarian capital for the 179th Octoberfest, which runs from Sept. 22 until Oct. 7, 2012. Germany’s famous fair is the world’s largest, attracting more than six million people annually from around the world.
More Photography from Time
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
- Deadly Earthquake Strikes China’s Sichuan Province