As many as 50,000 demonstrators took the the streets of Athens in an union-organized strike against austerity measures on Sept. 26, 2012. This is the first large-scale march since Greece’s coalition government was formed in June.
More Photography from Time
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
- Deadly Earthquake Strikes China’s Sichuan Province