A new venture, the Elite Football League of India, or EFLI, is betting that South Asians will fall for the American game. With backing from high-profile investors like former NFL head coach Mike Ditka, the EFLI has built an eight-team league, with squads representing Sri Lanka, Pakistan and various Indian cities. The first game aired last weekend, with a battle between the Pakistan Wolfpak and the Bangalore Warhawks. Here are some photographs of the players in action.
More Photography from Time
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns
- Afghanistan’s Record Opium Year
- Shi’ite Muslims Around the World Mark Ashura
- Sell, Give Away and Destroy: the Dismantling of America’s Presence in Afghanistan
Bwahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha look like clown school. Arn't these the most
unathlete people on earth? If you can't get European and East Asian to play and like football how you going get a bunch hairy smelly starving men from south asia to like it? because they are dark?