A new venture, the Elite Football League of India, or EFLI, is betting that South Asians will fall for the American game. With backing from high-profile investors like former NFL head coach Mike Ditka, the EFLI has built an eight-team league, with squads representing Sri Lanka, Pakistan and various Indian cities. The first game aired last weekend, with a battle between the Pakistan Wolfpak and the Bangalore Warhawks. Here are some photographs of the players in action.
More Photography from Time
- India Scorched by Blistering Heatwave
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
Bwahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha look like clown school. Arn't these the most
unathlete people on earth? If you can't get European and East Asian to play and like football how you going get a bunch hairy smelly starving men from south asia to like it? because they are dark?