A passenger plane bound for Nepal’s mountainous Everest region crashed after take-off from Kathmandu airport. At least 19 passengers are reported dead, including seven Britons. Trekking and adventure tourism is a key part of the Himalayan nation’s economy.
More Photography from Time
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
- Deadly Earthquake Strikes China’s Sichuan Province