A passenger plane bound for Nepal’s mountainous Everest region crashed after take-off from Kathmandu airport. At least 19 passengers are reported dead, including seven Britons. Trekking and adventure tourism is a key part of the Himalayan nation’s economy.
More Photography from Time
- Mourning Madiba: South Africans Say Goodbye to Nelson Mandela
- Rain-Soaked Crowds Gather at Mandela Memorial
- The Best Nelson Mandela Covers From Around The World
- The World Reacts to Nelson Mandela’s Death
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests