A passenger plane bound for Nepal’s mountainous Everest region crashed after take-off from Kathmandu airport. At least 19 passengers are reported dead, including seven Britons. Trekking and adventure tourism is a key part of the Himalayan nation’s economy.
More Photography from Time
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns
- Afghanistan’s Record Opium Year
- Shi’ite Muslims Around the World Mark Ashura
- Typhoon Haiyan Cuts a Path of Destruction Across The Philippines