It was not as huge a rout as his previous victories, but the Venezuelan president knew how to turn on the electoral charm–and clout–despite a serious bout with cancer.
More Photography from Time
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
- Deadly Earthquake Strikes China’s Sichuan Province
Well, I do not want to hear complaints from Venezuelan. They
were idiots enough to elect this communist again. Suck it up!
Hugo Chavez wins big Venezuela loses bigger. Never under estimate the desperation of the underclass and the ability of the thug mentality. Go thing for Cancer that maybe the only saving grace for Venezuela. Jmo!
Are you an American(USA)? Who will decide the leader of a nation. or a democratic nation?Is it the people of that nation or USA which always propagate liberal and democratic values? You may like to see for ever all the nations in South America as BANANA REPUBLICS. USA is a predatory nation which always feed on the flesh of people of developing nations. Chavez is dead against that concept. USA always tries to install leaders or dictators like Pinochet in each and every country in Latin america to implement their grand schemes. Lula, Castro or Chavez are dead against that malicious design. People of USA must respect the democratic choice of the people of Venezuela. dear depedge please know about Noam Chomsky and read his literature.