The seasons of discontent roll on in Southern Europe, as protesters in debt-ridden Spain, Greece, Italy and Portugal have taken to the streets in reaction to the continuing economic crisis paralyzing their societies. Center-right governments in Greece, Spain and Portugal have fanned flames of populist rage with new rounds of hated austerity measures.
More Photography from Time
- Rain-Soaked Crowds Gather at Mandela Memorial
- The Best Nelson Mandela Covers From Around The World
- The World Reacts to Nelson Mandela’s Death
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns