Cambodians prayed for former King Norodom Sihanouk on Tuesday and world leaders sent their condolences as the country prepared for the return of his body. Sihanouk, a cunning political survivor who reinvented himself repeatedly throughout his often flamboyant life, died Monday at age 89 of a heart attack in Beijing, where he had been receiving medical treatment since January for multiple ailments.
More Photography from Time
- Mourning Madiba: South Africans Say Goodbye to Nelson Mandela
- Rain-Soaked Crowds Gather at Mandela Memorial
- The Best Nelson Mandela Covers From Around The World
- The World Reacts to Nelson Mandela’s Death
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests