Friday marks Eid-al-Adha, the close of the four-day annual pilgrimage, or hajj, to Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Muslims around the world—at a moment of particular instability and havoc in parts of the Middle East and South Asia—will sit down on Friday for the ritual Feast of Sacrifice.
More Photography from Time
- Rain-Soaked Crowds Gather at Mandela Memorial
- The Best Nelson Mandela Covers From Around The World
- The World Reacts to Nelson Mandela’s Death
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns