Scenes from the halls of power in Beijing, where China’s authoritarian government is in the midst of a once-in-a-decade changing of the guard.
More Photography from Time
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy
- Deadly Earthquake Strikes China’s Sichuan Province
Here's something I have wondered - with all the co-production deals that Hollywood is signing with China (in order to get access to that market) - could it be that Hollywood is actually helping to fund Chinese propaganda?
A little off topic but wouldn't it be awesome if HBO shot a TV series of Mao's life, based on Mao: The Untold Story by Jung Chang? People would watch the hell out of that, and minds worldwide would be absolutely blown. Too bad the Chinese won't possibly be down for that for another 200 years at least haha.