The tourist mecca of Venice experienced a dramatic bout of acqua alta — or high water — flooding this Sunday, brought on by heavy rains that led to much of the coastal, historical city of bridges and canals getting swamped.
More Photography from Time
- Rain-Soaked Crowds Gather at Mandela Memorial
- The Best Nelson Mandela Covers From Around The World
- The World Reacts to Nelson Mandela’s Death
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns