The drums of war are pounding across Israel and the Gaza Strip following Israel’s targeted killing of Ahmed Jabari, commander of the military wing of Hamas, the Islamist group in control in Gaza. As Israeli air strikes have killed at least 115 Palestinians so far, including a few children, hundreds of rockets launched from Gaza have landed in Israel, killing at least three Israelis.
More Photography from Time
- Mourning Madiba: South Africans Say Goodbye to Nelson Mandela
- Rain-Soaked Crowds Gather at Mandela Memorial
- The Best Nelson Mandela Covers From Around The World
- The World Reacts to Nelson Mandela’s Death
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests