The drums of war are pounding across Israel and the Gaza Strip following Israel’s targeted killing of Ahmed Jabari, commander of the military wing of Hamas, the Islamist group in control in Gaza. As Israeli air strikes have killed at least 115 Palestinians so far, including a few children, hundreds of rockets launched from Gaza have landed in Israel, killing at least three Israelis.
More Photography from Time
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns
- Afghanistan’s Record Opium Year
- Shi’ite Muslims Around the World Mark Ashura
- Typhoon Haiyan Cuts a Path of Destruction Across The Philippines
- Sell, Give Away and Destroy: the Dismantling of America’s Presence in Afghanistan