The drums of war are pounding across Israel and the Gaza Strip following Israel’s targeted killing of Ahmed Jabari, commander of the military wing of Hamas, the Islamist group in control in Gaza. As Israeli air strikes have killed at least 115 Palestinians so far, including a few children, hundreds of rockets launched from Gaza have landed in Israel, killing at least three Israelis.
More Photography from Time
- India Scorched by Blistering Heatwave
- Scenes from Pakistan’s Historic Election
- Dutch Abdication: Willem-Alexander Becomes Europe’s Youngest Monarch
- Aleppo: Scenes from a City of Ruins
- The Epic Vistas of the World’s Largest Algae Farm
- Bangladesh’s Worst Industrial Accident: Scenes From a Terrifying Tragedy