In a ceremony that mixes Christian devotion with Filipino folk tradition, Catholic believers throughout Indonesia re-enact the crucifixion of Christ on Good Friday. Members of the Catholic church make up approximately 3% of the population of the predominantly Muslim country.
More Photography from Time
- Rain-Soaked Crowds Gather at Mandela Memorial
- The Best Nelson Mandela Covers From Around The World
- The World Reacts to Nelson Mandela’s Death
- Kiev’s Pro-West Protests Paralyze Ukraine
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns
He suffered, died, and rose again for you.........believe and recieve Him today..........
22 Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come— 23 that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles."
Enactment of crucifixion in the stars http://bit.ly/124oSX6