After Egypt’s military forced the country’s elected President Mohamed Morsi out of office July 3, its air force tried to lift the mood of the restive Egyptian citizenry with patriotic displays above Tahrir Square, where ranks of anti-Morsi protesters looked on. Over the past few days, Egyptian military jets have streaked the sky in the colors of the national flag and even drew a huge, billowy heart.
More Photography from Time
- Thailand on the Brink: 4 Killed and 100 Injured in Anti-Government Protests
- Filipino Chapel Serves as Hospital for Newborns
- Afghanistan’s Record Opium Year
- Shi’ite Muslims Around the World Mark Ashura
- Typhoon Haiyan Cuts a Path of Destruction Across The Philippines
- Sell, Give Away and Destroy: the Dismantling of America’s Presence in Afghanistan