Rights Watchdog Says It Has Proof Syrian Forces Carried Out Chemical Attack

Human Rights Watch claims that all evidence suggests that forces loyal to Bashar Assad were behind the infamous chemical-weapons attack in Damascus

  • Share
  • Read Later
Khaled Al Hariri / Reuters

A man holds a roll of pictures of Syrian President Bashar Assad during a rally in support of him in Damascus on June 21, 2011

After collecting eyewitness testimonies and analyzing the likely weapons systems that were used to facilitate a chemical-weapons attack that targeted rebel-controlled suburbs in Damascus last month, Human Rights Watch (HRW) said Tuesday it believes it has enough evidence to prove that the Syrian government was responsible for the atrocity.

HRW’s extensive investigation, which relied on expert analysis from chemical-weapons and arms specialists along with witnesses’ accounts, concluded that the surface-to-surface rocket systems used to carry out the attack, along with the large quantity of nerve agent that was deployed during the assault on Aug. 21, match up with equipment that is only possessed by government troops in Syria.

The watchdog organization went on to dismiss claims that rebel groups had a hand in the attacks as “inconsistent with the evidence found at the scene.”

(MORE: Report Claims Syrian Troops Used Chemical Weapons Without Assad’s Approval)

On Monday, U.S. officials said they were prepared to consider a proposal tabled by Russia that would see the Syrian government surrender its stockpiles of chemical weapons in order to prevent a military strike from American forces.

[HRW]

6 comments
brunoBluehorse
brunoBluehorse

Sorry Time you have proven yourself to be such a lap dog of the Obama administration is impossible for me to to give you any credibility on this article. I think you're more concerned about not "embarrassing" Obama, than getting at the truth.  

andbary
andbary

http://top.rbc.ru/politics/10/09/2013/875726.shtml

Russia has provided evidence of innocence to the UN regime of Bashar al-Assad of using chemical weapons against the civilian population in the suburbs of Damascus, the Information Department of the Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation.

Evidence was given during the briefing "Human Rights and Armed Conflict: U.S. threat to use force against Syria and the international law." The Russian delegation showed the video and photos of victims himataki were fabricated in advance.


In addition, the testimony of numerous witnesses demonstrated unanimously claimed that chemical weapons in the East Huta was applied exactly militants. The results of the investigations into the incident by activists and eyewitnesses were transferred to an independent Commission of Inquiry on Syria.

speedbaser1
speedbaser1

"<snip>concluded that the surface-to-surface rocket systems used to carry out the attack, along with the large quantity of nerve agent that was deployed during the assault on Aug. 21, match up with equipment that is only possessed by government troops in Syria."

Or could it be some of the 400 SAS's that were stolen from the US embassy in Benghazi a year ago were used in Syria by whoever stole them?  The US government still wont give an explanation of why they were handing out SAS's, or to who those SAS's were intended for. Silence in this case implies guilt.

Sibir_Russia
Sibir_Russia

There is proof the footage of the alleged chemical attack in Syria was fabricated, Mother Agnes Mariam el-Salib, mother superior of St. James Monastery in Qara, Syria, told RT. She says she is about to submit her findings to the UN.

‘I have carefully studied the footage, and I will present a written analysis on it a bit later. I maintain that the whole affair was a frame-up. It had been staged and prepared in advance with the goal of framing the Syrian government as the perpetrator.”

Mother Agnes, a catholic nun, who has been living in Syria for 20 years and has been reporting actively on what has been going on in the war-ravaged country, says she carefully studied the video featuring allegedly victims of the chemical weapons attack in the Syrian village of Guta in August and now questions its authenticity. 

In her interview with RT, Mother Agnes doubts so much footage could have been taken in so little time, and asks where parents of the supposedly dead children are. She promises to send her report to the UN. 

The nun is indignant with the world media for apparently turning a blind eye to the Latakia massacre by rebel extremists, which left 500 civilians including women and children dead.

Russia’s Foreign Ministry has called on the international community to pay attention to revelations made by Mother Agnes Mariam el-Salib.

 http://www.globalresearch.ca/mother-agnes-mariam-footage-of-chemical-attack-in-syria-is-fraud/5348939

Sibir_Russia
Sibir_Russia

A group of 12 former members of the CIA, state Department and Pentagon - has sent a collective letter to the President of the USA, which warns him from the possibility of a historical mistake. The text of the message leads portal Global Research. Veterans of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan explain Obama that the data on the chemical attack, near Damascus, where a war may start can be fabricated. 

http://www.globalresearch.ca/high-level-u-s-intelligence-officers-syrian-government-didnt-launch-chemical-weapons/5348643 

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/09/12-u-s-intelligence-officials-tell-obama-it-wasnt-assad.html