John Short, 75, has been detained since Sunday
(CANBERRA, Australia) — The family of an Australian missionary says he has been detained in North Korea.
A statement his family released Wednesday said John Short went to North Korea in a regular tour group last week. Another person on the tour returned to China on Tuesday and told the family Short had been arrested Sunday in …
(SEOUL, South Korea) — Their backs stooped, dozens of elderly North and South Koreans separated for six decades reunited Thursday, weeping and embracing in a rush of words and emotion. The reunions come during a rare period of detente between the rival Koreas and are all the more poignant because the participants will part again in a …
Drawings by survivor Kim Gwang-Il were in UN report detailing North Korea’s human rights abuses
Sketches posted by the U.N. on Weibo to accompany a searing report on human rights in North Korea split opinion in the Middle Kingdom
U.N. Human Rights Council blasts Kim Jong Un’s regime for “crimes against humanity” in new report
(WASHINGTON) — A U.N. Commission of Inquiry has found that crimes against humanity have been committed in North Korea and recommends that its findings be referred to the International Criminal Court, two people familiar with the commission’s report have told The Associated Press.
The commission, which conducted a yearlong
The reunions are scheduled for late February
(SEOUL, South Korea) — The rival Koreas sat down Friday for a second round of talks this week at a border village as the North’s calls for a delay of annual South Korea-U.S. military drills threaten plans for the resumption of emotional reunions of war-divided families.
A year after dramatically raising tension with repeated threats …
(SEOUL, South Korea) — Senior officials from the rival Koreas met Wednesday at a border village, their highest-level talks in years and a potential signal that Pyongyang wants better ties and the resumption of lucrative cooperative projects.
Seoul officials said the meeting was requested by North Korea, which has launched a recent …
News comes a week after the two sides agreed to hold family reunions at a resort in the North
U.S. is disappointed but says it will continue to work through diplomatic channels
(WASHINGTON) — The State Department says it is “deeply disappointed” in North Korea’s decision to withdraw for a second time an invitation to a U.S. envoy to discuss the release of a jailed American businessman.
Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki on Sunday called for Kenneth Bae’s immediate release and said the US would continue to …